The tax account online service is a web service through which you can give your seasonal tax returns and in which you can inspect the taxes declared and paid to your tax account. In the tax account online service you can also see your tax account statement. These tax account statements remain in the service for three years. Even if you have authorized an accounting company to use your tax account on your behalf through power of attorney (Katso identification), it is good to keep yourself up-to-date on what is going on in your account. The tax account service is free of charge and is open around the clock.
Through the tax account online service you can
- Give periodic tax returns and additional notification
- give EU VAT summary declaration and its correction
- monitor the tax account balance and transactions
- check the tax account reference for payment and payment instructions
- check the declaration and payment period
- choose the delivery method for account statement
- choose the return date and set a restore border
- browse through the archive of account statements and notifications
- print account statements from the tax account along with monthly summaries and reports.
- use the balance calculator to calculate amount to be paid and potential interest on late payments
- declare your bank account number
Declarations given via the tax account service get archived immediately and all declarations can be seen in the tax account archive. Seasonal tax returns get saved in the archive within two working days and same goes for the transfer of payment information from banks; it takes two days. The service always shows the date until which the information is recorded in the tax account.
A user using the tax account on behalf of a company can log into the account using the Katso identification. Once a company has a Katso ID, they can give power of attorney to an accounting company or an employee of the company to use the account on their behalf. Entrepreneurs can log in to their tax account with their banking codes or with an electronic identity card.